Do you love kids work? Or are you passionate about customer services and hospitality? Are you looking for a fun and life changing way to spend the summer?
Become a courier today!
Every summer we employ a talented and enthusiastic team of seasonal staff to help us deliver our outstanding programme for all ages. Whether it’s being a part of the kids teams or working in the coffee shop, every role is equally important.
We want our couriers to grow spiritually throughout their time at Le Pas Opton; to be challenged, stretched and discipled.
For more information about the different roles, check out the job descriptions below.
- The majority of our couriers work with children and young people to create an amazing holiday experience for the whole family.
- Pool attendants run pool games and activities and take charge of the general safety of the pool area.
- Reception staff work with our office team to deliver a great experience for our guests on arrival and throughout their holiday.
- Coffee shop staff work with the bar team leaders, delivering fantastic service in our coffee shop, kitchen and bar.
- Night stewards get to know the young people, patrol the park after curfew and ensure the no-noise policy is being respectfully observed.
- Technical couriers are in charge of PA, audio/visual equipment and lighting of venues, including our marquee.
- Hire centre operators maintain and hire out bicycles, barbecues and other equipment, giving guests the best service possible and ensuring safety at all times.
Applications for the 2019 season will close on January 31st 2019.
Applicants who are short-listed for interview will be required to attend a Recruitment Day in Uckfield, East Sussex on Saturday 2 March 2019. Those successful in being offered a place on the courier team for 2019 will also be required to attend a training weekend in Tonbridge, Kent from Friday 10 May to Sunday 12 May 2019.
What are the requirements for applying?
You must be available to work a minimum of the five weeks of High Season (22 July – 26 August).
You must be aged 18+ on the first day you’re contracted to work.
Will I be paid?
Yes. Couriers are employed under French contracts that are fully compliant with French and EU law. Salaries are paid at standard rates, from which a modest deduction is made for food and accommodation.
Do I need to organise my own travel?
Couriers are responsible for organising and paying for their travel to Portsmouth harbour. We will then organise and pay for travel from Portsmouth harbour to Le Pas Opton via ferry and train/minibus. Alternatively we will contribute towards air fares.
What about accommodation and meals?
Couriers stay in converted mobile homes and are provided with breakfast, lunch and dinner at a modest rate deducted from your salary.
How many people apply for the positions?
Each year we receive a large number of applications for these roles. Due to the high number of exceptional applicants, the process is very competitive with only 25% of applicants making it to the interview stage. We are therefore unable to provide feedback on unsuccessful applications.
For more information, please contact us via email at email@example.com.