Firstly, all of us at Spring Harvest Holidays would like to thank you for your patience, understanding and prayers during this time. We really do appreciate all of your kind words and support.
The Spring Harvest Holidays Board has reluctantly decided that our 2020 season will not go ahead. We are really sorry for the disappointment and inconvenience that this will cause to our guests, both old and new.
It’s been a difficult decision for us to make but our latest review of the situation in France and the UK has made it inevitable. The key factors have been:
- Current British 14-day quarantine requirements make a French holiday impossible for most people; we don’t know whether or when the rules will be relaxed.
- We would not be able to deliver the authentic LPO experience when working under a variety of new regulations and restrictions – particularly given the highly social and “gathering” character of our holidays.
- A case of Coronavirus on site would have difficult consequences not only for the person concerned but also for all their contacts and the operation of the park.
- Many potential guests will not be able to obtain travel insurance cover that includes Coronavirus and its consequences.
- Our research tells us that the British public’s inclination to stay at home this summer is understandably affecting our clientele too. Sadly, reduced numbers in an already shortened season would mean that the opening of the park was not viable.
If over the next few weeks we see radical change to the situation, we will review our decision but as you can see it will need far more than just a lifting of the quarantine rules.
There are many other factors in this difficult decision: you can be sure that we have handled this prayerfully and we are so grateful for the surge of prayer support in response to our recent request.
If you have questions, we’d appreciate you taking a look at the FAQs on our website first. If you need further assistance we’ll be happy to help – please email email@example.com or call 01825 748318. Many of our staff are now furloughed so bear with us if we don’t respond immediately.