Everyone is aware that responses to Covid-19, the coronavirus, seem to be turning our lives upside down. This is certainly a time for calm, prayer and trust in our awesome God.
We take the situation very seriously. Alongside our colleagues at Spring Harvest and Essential Christian, we are monitoring the situation constantly, listening to advice and directives from the authorities and consulting our own specialist advisors. Here’s a summary of the latest situation and our advice.
French Government measures announced 12th March 2020: The French Government has announced a ban on gatherings of more than 100 people and the closure of shops other than those selling food and pharmaceuticals, until 15th April. Campsites are permitted to open but not to run entertainments or retail operations –other than food takeaways.
UK Government advice announced 17th March 2020: the UK Government has advised against all non-essential foreign travel for at least the next 30 days.
We are taking professional advice and researching options. We expect to post a further update by 17.00 on Wednesday 18th March. Meanwhile we will not collect any balance payments.
Here’s what we are doing:
- The team at LPO are following national guidelines and ensuring high standards of hygiene. Dave is staying in touch with the regional federation of campsites to ensure we are well prepared and ready to welcome guests.
- We are working on ways to deliver brilliant, fun-filled holidays even if a ban on gatherings of more than 100 people is still in place at half term. We are also developing contingency plans in case any of our own team are affected.
- There will be extra cleaning and hygiene measures in place at LPO during the season, including a self-isolation policy for anyone who displays symptoms
Our advice to guests:
- We advise all guests to carefully check their travel insurance, ensuring they are covered in the event of holiday cancellation due to circumstances beyond our control. In line with our booking terms and conditions, refunds will not be payable on such cancellations.
- Please monitor your own health as your departure date approaches. You should not travel to LPO if you or anyone in your party is displaying symptoms associated with Covid-19. You should make sure that your travel insurance covers you for this eventuality.
- If you are in a high risk group, for example over 70 years old or with an underlying health condition, you should take advice and consider carefully whether travelling to LPO is likely to increase your risk of infection. We are happy to discuss your situation with you if you have concerns in this area.
Previous update: 6th March 2020.
Further updates will follow as the situation develops. Significant changes to holiday plans or arrangements will be notified to guests by email. All updates will be posted on our website at www.springharvestholidays.com/virus.